Monday, November 23, 2009

Family Traditions

My family has many annual traditions. For Thanksgiving, my dad's side of the family and my grandparents, aunt, uncle, and cousins from my mom's side of the family come over my house. On Christmas Eve, my family and I go to my cousin's house with the rest of my dad's side of the family. On Christmas day, my immediate family opens presents in the morning at our house and eat breakfast together. Then, we get ready to go to my grandparent's house around the corner with my mom's side of the family. On New Years Eve, we go back to my grandparent's house on my mom's side of the family. We all eat dinner together and watch the ball drop as a family. Then everyone has champagne and celebrates the new year and my older sister, my cousin, and my grandma's birthday because they all have the same birthday, December 30th. On Memorial Day weekend, my family and I drive upstate and go to my cousin's house with my dad's side of the family. We don't really see my dad's side of the family that much, only 2-3 times a year. But we are really close with my mom's side of the family and see each other so much since we all live so close to each other. We always get together for birthday's, or just to hang out for fun. These traditions are really fun and important to my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment